10 tbsp. melted butter, divided into 2 tbsp. and 8 tbsp.
1 cup maple syrup, divided into 2 - 1/2 cup portions
2 med. apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup sifted flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt.
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix 2 tbsp. of butter and 1/2 cup of maple syrup together and pour into greased 9" pan.
- Arrange sliced apples in pan.
- Mix 1/2 cup syrup and sugar in a bowl, add egg and beat.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to syrup mixture in bowl. Beat well.
- Combine 8 tbsp. of melted butter and boiling water and beat into the batter.
- Pour over apples/syrup in pan.
- Bake for 45 mins.
- Turn into platter.
- Serve with ice cream and/or whipped cream.